Superheroes play an important part in modern entertainment. Often starting in comic books, they eventually make their way to the movies. For this reason, they make for the perfect subject for drawing! What gets some people confused is drawing the cape.
Thankfully, you don't have to be a super hero artist to sketch a nice cape. Being the huge fans of capes that we are, we've provided this easy, step-by-step cape tutorial, complete with illustrations to help you along with your superhero cape drawing.
1. Draw a curved line
2. Draw a short upward line and a short curve line and for the top a slight short downward line.
3. Add a curve to the side.
4. Add an upward curve to the top.
5. Add a curve line to the side to complete the outline.
6. Outline the bottom.
7. Outline the rest of the curves.
8. Shade under the cape.
9. Lightly shade the side of the cape.
10. Darken half of the shades to a medium.
11. Darken the bottom of the shades.
12. Use a cotton swab to blend the dark part of the shadow and darken the bottom cape.
13. Use the other end of the cotton swab to lightly shade the rest of the cape and blend in the shade.
14. Use an eraser to erase the light shades on the ends to bring the highlights and you're done. Enjoy your Superhero Cape!