Where does your cape go?
100% of the proceeds of the cape go toward delivering an amazing experience to a child at the beginning of their treatment.
This is the main source of funding for our mission. Your cape will go to a child in a hospital bed with your own video message attached to it. We have hospital partnerships across the state of Michigan and will hand deliver your cape to the hero.
Every cape has a special patch that carries the video message from the maker. This is a comforting face in a scary time for the child in the hospital, and providing this connection is a huge reason why we do what we do.
Our capes are an inspirational experience for the sick child, paid forward by you and made with your own creativity.
How to send your message
- Go to capes.com, scroll down and click “create video message” button in the footer
- Click the green “Upload Video” button to begin the video message process
- Enter the first names of the people who made the cape and enter up to 2 email addresses that the thank-you response video from the recipient can be sent to
- Click the yellow Select/Record Video button and film the message from your phone or upload the video from your files
- Click the green “Submit Video” button
- You will see the “Congrats!” page come up with a bold code
- Any questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (248) 555-5555